Ridley Scott with Ian Holm behind the scenes of Alien (1979)
Our Dine LA experience at Gordon Ramsay at the London Hotel in West Hollywood. Beautiful presentation and lovely food!
1. Risotto and asparagus with fricassée of mushrooms, topped with pork belly and a quail egg.
2. Charred octopus, black pepper sauce, and a tarragon purée.
3. Cod with mussels, jasmine rice, shrimp, cooked in coconut milk.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s signature beef wellington and potato (mmm…).
5. Petite beef filet with a garlic herb crust, port sauce, and potato.
6. Strawberry cake with olive oil gelato, sweet flowers.
7. Peanut butter and jelly pudding cake with chocolate crémeux.
2, 3, and 6 were my choices (though I stole some bites of the dishes my friends ordered as well). The little flowers were edible and sweet! I’m so glad we did this.
- Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
- How long have you been drawing?
- How many classes have you taken?
- Do you have a DeviantArt, personal website, or art blog?
- What’s your favorite thing to draw?
- What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
- How often do you use references?
- Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
- How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
- Are you confident about your art?
- How many art-related blogs do you follow?
- Is it okay for people to ask you about your process?
- Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
- Do you ever collaborate with others?
- How long does an average piece take you to complete?
- Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
- Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
- What are you currently trying to improve on?
- What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
- What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
- Do you like to challenge yourself?
- Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
- Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
- Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
- Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
- For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
- For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
- For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
- For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
- What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
Hocus Pocus Fizz
It’s not the end of the world, it’s just the end of the day.
Pontypool is one of my top favorite movies. What I recommend: learning nothing about it before going and watching it. Don’t even read the Netflix description.
Cleavon Little did not know Gene was going to say that. The laughter is genuine.
I love that you can see the exact moment when Cleavon Little realizes he’s not going to be able to stop himself from laughing.
Reblogging because Cleavon Little’s smile .
One of my favourite moments in film. I had no idea of the story behind it. :D
Marvel Female Solo Titles
Hey guys, as you may or may not know, I recently illustrated half of a comic written by Jaques Nyemb called Smorgasbord Squad. It’s a fun, action comic about a group of food themed super heroes! Reviewers have been saying it’s reminiscent of 90s cartoons (which is the highest compliment known to man)
Currently Jaques is doing a Kickstarter for Smorg as well as two other comics: Not So Super and This Bites.
By supporting this Kickstarter you can get digital copies of these comics, printed versions, behind the scenes extras, and custom portrait avatars by yours truly and the other talented artists behind these comics. (The last image of this post art samples of those)
Please check out the Kickstarter and buy some
not sosuper cool comics!
This kickstarted is in it’s final week and we’re getting really close to our goal! If you haven’t looked into it yet, please check it out and consider pledging!
The guys and I worked really hard on these comics and it would make me so happy to see them printed!
what the FUCK
THIS IS FUCKED UP
THIS IS FUCKED UP
it’s fucking true
what’s under there